We use the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) as our main tool to help learners to achieve their maximum potential. The IPC is an international, up-to-date, comprehensive and future-oriented curriculum programme aimed at Reception to Year 6 learners growing up in this digital age. It nurtures a love of learning and encourages key skills, competencies, and habits of minds.
Our school curriculum has a few fundamental beliefs:
- Learning is about making connections. We ensure that all learners are given the opportunity to see the ‘Big Picture’.
- Relaxed alertness, not stress, is the best state for learning.
- Every learner has a portfolio of intelligence. It is our job to discover in which ways each learner is ‘smart’
- Children and adults access learning in diverse ways: A child may learn best through seeing, hearing or through doing.
- Time needs to be created for complex thinking time - “slow thinking” time.
- Good health is important for effective learning.
The IPC programme has an inquiry-based, thematic approach to the curriculum, which encourages the learning of subjects through a central idea. This provides excellent opportunities for learners to make meaningful connections and form new knowledge with deep understanding. Our school curriculum also incorporates the UK National Curriculum and supplement the Maths learning goals where we feel it is necessary.