Opened in October 2011, the Nexus Boarding House provides learners with a supportive community, multicultural environment, and balanced programme that aims to nurture boarders to be independent and respectful of others.
Board options available:
- Full Boarding
- Weekly Boarding (Monday - Friday only)
- Day Boarding (Monday - Friday, 7.30am - 8pm)
- Occasional boarding (only available for Nexus learners)
- International School of the Year 2023' at the Australian Boarding Schools Association (ABSA) Annual Boarding Conference.
- All House parents are qualified teachers and nurses, including our Director of Boarding who is a qualified English as Second Language (ESOL) teacher
- Small boarding community of not more than 110 boarders ensuring strong peer-to-peer camaraderie
- Flexible boarding options - Full boarding and Weekday Boarding. Occasional Boarding option for Nexus learners only (based on availability)
- More than 50% of IBDP Top Achievers in school are boarders
- Dedicated Support for English language with 1:1 reading programme and small group classes
- Japanese language group class supporting learners whose Mother Tongue is Japanese and encourage other boarders to learn a new language
More than a place to stay
Nexus Boarding House is a small, close-knit community of not more than 110 boarders from diverse countries such as Malaysia, China, UK, Korea, India, Japan, Bangladesh and more. Nexus Boarding provides learners with a supportive environment and a diverse programme of activities, pastoral care and academic support.
A nurturing and supportive environment, led by the Director of Boarding, is our promise to every boarder. Each floor is home to a resident House Parent who oversees pastoral and social welfare needs of a boarder. With care and respect as part of our philosophy, boarders can count on us to be there for them every time.
All Nexus International School learners aged between 10 and 18 years are welcomed to stay with us and find their room to grow.